Wednesday, May 26

Never Judge a Book by Its Cover

Many strange things happen in library land on a daily basis. One thing that the library offers is notary services, and sometimes we get an odd one or two. 

One day I found myself sitting at a table assisting a library patron in my job as a notary for the public library. I looked up at the patron I was helping with a notary document. The patron had a  10-year-old child with them, who looked up at me with curious eyes. This person did not look like the type to need the document I was working on.  

I finished notarizing the document and handed the paperwork to the patron. It was a carry and conceal application for a firearms permit. 

The grandmother took the documents, paid $3.00 for the notary service, gathered her paperwork and started walking out of the library. She called to her grandson and the little boy got out of his chair and followed his grandmother.

I returned to my office to finish my lunch and read the latest news on the computer. Never judge a book by its cover folks. It will always surprise you. 

The Flowood Library offers notary services for a nominal fee of $3. Notary services are available Monday - Wednesday, and Friday from 9:30 - 5:30; 10 - 7 on Thursday. Additional times are also available by appointment.  

No comments: