Thursday, March 28

Meet Our Team - Janet Paczak (Brandon Public Library)

 

Janet Paczak | Youth Services Assistant | Brandon Public Library

Janet has been a part of CMRLS for almost 11 years! 

Here's more from Janet:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

My joy is interacting with the children in programing, helping them to find the perfect book to read, and seeing the excitement in their faces when they visit the library.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

My love for reading began when I first went to the library in my hometown in Ohio as a small child. The three-story, gray, concrete-block library had the two lions sitting on the sides of the front entrance steps. It was a sight to behold! One of my favorite books was Pippi Longstocking.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

I wish more people knew about all the magazines, encyclopedias, and books that are available online for them to use without having to visit the library. You can visit our Virtual Reference Collection at cmrls.lib.ms.us.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I love visiting with family, especially my seven grandchildren, and having them over to eat at my house. Watching Hallmark movies is one of my favorite ways to relax, knowing there is always a happy ending.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?
I just experienced my perfect vacation when I went on a trip to Slovakia! I had the opportunity to visit all of the villages where my parents and grandparents, and my husband's parents, lived. It was amazing meeting people with our same last name, seeing houses that family grew up in, visiting the cemeteries where relatives were buried, eating all of the ethnic foods, and I can't leave out exploring the castles.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving and the awaiting of Christmas to follow.



No comments: