Friday, October 4

Meet Our Team - Shamera Brumfield (Pearl Public Library)

 

Shamera Brumfield | Youth Services Supervisor | Pearl Public Library

Shamera recently joined the CMRLS team and we are so happy to have her at our Pearl branch!  

Here's more from Shamera:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I love talking and interacting with the families. I love being able to serve the local community.


2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

I have always had love for reading ever since I was a child. So, there wasn't a specific book. I did enjoy the classics when I was a kid, like The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

NoveList Plus is a wonderful resource for helping find your next great read! Check it out in our Virtual Reference Collection at cmrls.lib.ms.us.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I like to read books, serve my community, play board games and video games with my kids, and watch classic television shows and movies.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

I want to go somewhere cold. I don't want to be around a lot of crowds, I would prefer for it to be secluded. I also want for the natural environment to be beautiful. I think a place like the Canadian Rockies in Banff, Canada would be great.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Easter






No comments: