Friday, March 21

STICKS AND STRINGS CREATE BEAUTIFUL THINGS!

BABY'S SUN HAT AND HEAD BAND BY RACHEL

If you haven't heard by now, there's something mighty creative happening at the Pearl Library! It's crochet. It's hip. It's cool! Everyone's doing it!

Among the talented is library staffer, Rachel, truly gifted, who can weave the most beautiful works of crochet!  Fittingly she heads up the Sticks and Strings adult program the first Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m at the  Library.  Her next session is Thurs. April. 3.

"I love it," said Rachel of her program and the art. "I've been crocheting for years. I started when my children were little." Then other things in life started taking her attention from crochet. But, she's back at it, and has been for a long while now letting her hands work pretty magic.


MUG COSIES BY RACHEL

Those brand new to crochet as well as the more advanced come to Sticks and Strings Rachel said.   "I have beginners in the group, so I'll try to have a little more simple project like a bow for them to do," she said.  

Then there are others who are more experienced, and for those Rachel may have a different project on hand.  Before anything gets underway, "I'll ask who has been working on something," said Rachel. "I'll tell them to show us what you have. Then, we'll go from there."

It's an informal session and there's no set agenda.  Folks just sit and crochet and visit. "They love it," Rachel said.  

No reservation is needed, but do bring your own materials. All are welcome!

We'll see you there!

No comments: