Friday, November 24

Meet Our Team - Zoerean Neal (Florence Public Library)

 


Zoerean Neal | Circulation Clerk | Florence Public Library

Zoerean has been with CMRLS for 13 years. She is an asset to the Florence Public Library and has been donned "Queen of the Copier" by Florence Library's Branch Manager, Kimberly Ollison, who says that Zoerean can work magic with the copier.

Here's more from Zoerean:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

My favorite part of working in the library is helping kids who do not like to read. It is very satisfying when a reluctant readers suddenly find a series of books that speaks to them and sparks their interests in wanting to read more on that topic or genre.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

I fell in love with reading when I was in high school. During my free time, I started working in the library, before that time I had never had great access to books. I started reading a series of books by the author Emily Loring, and that began my adventure of loving to read books in a series. Which I still love to do to this day!

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

One e-resource that I wish more people knew about is the Rocket Languages for Libraries. There are several language that you can learn including American Sign Language. I am currently learning ASL, American Sign Language. This has been a valuable and free resource that is available through our library system.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

When I am not working at the library, I love being involved in community service activities through my church and sorority.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

My idea of the perfect vacation is visiting various cities and exploring the rich cultures of their community; and just relaxing and reading good books.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday is Christmas!



No comments: