Sunday, January 28

Meet Our Team - Dianne McLaurin (Forest Public Library)

 

Dianne McLaurin | Branch Manager | Forest Public Library

Dianne has been a part of CMRLS for 10 1/2 years. 

Here's more from Dianne:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

Being part of a whole community is my favorite! No matter who they are, where they live, how much or how little they have, or what they believe, all demographics of the community are welcomed through the front door of the library.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

When I was small, my grandmother read me a book entitled "The Little Mailman of Bayberry Lane" over and over until I knew the words by heart. I think that book set a trajectory for me to always include the uninvited, to recognize illustrations and words for their importance, and to cherish the memories of reading to and with others.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Learning Express Library. The e-resource offers practice tests for the GED, ACT, Praxis, ASVAB, CDL, TABE, EMT and more. Tutorials are also available for students and adults, from basic core skills to advanced career preparation. It's a great learning site!

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I like to read, of course. I also like to empty-nest with my husband, exercise with friends, take pictures of special moments, and carve out some quiet time to recharge.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

Anywhere with family is my perfect vacation.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Labor Day in September -- the unofficial end of summer and fall (and college football) is on its way.



No comments: