Thursday, February 1

Meet Our Team - Dewayne Hellums (Richland Public Library)

 

Dewayne Hellums | Branch Manager | Richland Public Library

Dewayne has been a part of CMRLS for 22 years! 

Here's more from Dewayne:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

My favorite part of working in the library is that every day is something new. Learning is a lifelong challenge, and every day I learn something new from researching information for our patrons. It gives me great joy when a student comes back into the library and tells me they received an A on a project I helped them find the resources to complete. I love it when former story time kids start bringing their children to the library, so they can learn to love the library too!

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

The first books I checked out from the Pearl Library were "The Fire Cat" by Esther Averill and "The Little House" by Virginia Lee Burton. These books not only initiated my love for reading but also helped develop my love of small houses and the renovation of older homes.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Flipster is my favorite e-resource. I used to subscribe to home improvement magazines. Now that the library has Flipster, I am saving money and I don't have piles of magazines cluttering up my house!

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I am just starting a new hobby. I am starting a rose garden and a daylily garden. Then, I can sit on my deck and look at all the pretty flowers.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

My perfect vacation would be to rent a small cabin in the mountains, preferably next to a stream so I could relax and listen to the water flowing down the stream.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas is my favorite holiday, I love all the lights and holiday décor.





No comments: