Sunday, February 4

Meet Our Team - David Muse (Flowood Public Library)

 

David Muse | Branch Manager | G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library

David has been a part of CMRLS for almost 12 years! 

Here's more from David:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I enjoy working with a highly motivated and dedicated team of librarians as we strive to make a difference solving simple and complex problems for patrons.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

As a child, I enjoyed the Hardy Boys and any comic book I could get my hands on. I later moved on to Mack Bolan, The Executioner, and his War Against the Mafia by Don Pendleton.

I would later discover Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman, Last of the Breed by Louis L'Amour, The Harbinger 2 by Jonathan Cahn, and Patriots by James Wesley, Rawles.

As a senior adult, I prefer reading books that are interesting yet practical.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Rocket Languages. I feel we should at least be familiar with a second language if not fluent. There have been days where I've needed to speak Spanish with someone who could not speak English.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

Take a power nap and then work on odd jobs around the house. Stock up on supplies in preparation for the next global pandemic or catastrophe.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

A perfect vacation for me would be an adventure away from everyone and everything. I would fly to Seattle, WA, get on a Holland America Cruise Line, and travel to Alaska. I would enjoy socializing with interesting people, dining at the captain's table, attending lectures on interesting subjects, other than plate tectonics. I would explore the world of acupuncture, enjoy room service for breakfast, eat fresh tacos and hamburgers for lunch, enjoy a buffet for dinner, visit and enjoy the amenities of Juneau, Ketchikan and Sitka. I would wonder about the mysterious submarine following the ship or was that a whale? I would have dinner in a castle in the city of Victoria on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, then return to Seattle, WA, fly to Salt Lake City, UT, rent a car, drive to City of Rocks, ID located near the Middle of Nowhere gas station, and then head south to Cedar City, UT. I would visit Cedar Breaks, Kolob Canyon, Zion, and Bryce Canyon National Parks. I would wonder about the mysterious shuttle bus full of European tourists following my turbo charged rental car, and return home knowing the world is safe for democracy. I would know in my heart that soon I would travel to the faraway island nation of Hawaii and complete my bucket list having visited all 50 states before turning 50.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Groundhog Day. A never-ending holiday if there ever was one. I used to live in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania where the wind was cold and the roads were covered in snow and ice. I would depend on Punxsutawney Phil as much as the weatherman for the local forecast and hope for an early spring.

No comments: