- Department of Veterans Affairs: Veterans Day Homepage.
- Veterans' statistics, Medal of Honor, history of the holiday and much more: from InfoPlease, All the knowledge you need.
- From the U. S. Army Center of Military History: Veterans Day history.
- Send an eCard to commemorate Veterans Day: free eCards for every occassion, including Veterans Day!
- Veteran Information from the U. S. Census Bureau: Facts for features series.
- Veterans History Project: collects and preserves the extraordinary wartime stories of ordinary people. Vivid as if they happened yesterday, these heartfelt accounts make us laugh, cry and remember. The stories are not a formal history of war, but a treasure trove of individual feeling and personal recollections. Through stories, we can form a personal connection with the storyteller and begin to truly know and understand the human experience.
- Celebrating America's Freedoms: is a collection of stories about some of America ’s most beloved customs and national symbols. Topics include the history of "Taps," the Pledge of Allegiance, gun salutes, the correct method for displaying and folding the American flag and many more. Educators, students and others should find this collection informative and helpful when researching or planning activities for national observances such as Memorial Day, Veterans Day and Flag Day.
Tuesday, October 26