Friday, February 5
Wednesday, February 3
Magnolia State Romance Writers meets at the G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library in Flowood, Feb. 20 & Mar. 20 at 10:00 a.m. Writers meet to discuss and share educational sessions for writers & aspiring writers of romance fiction. Occasional guests and speakers.
Richland Writers meets at the Richland Public Library in Richland, Feb. 8 & Mar.8, 6:00 p.m. Local writers discuss the craft of writing.
Pearl Public Library in Pearl, will hold an All Writers' Workshop, led by freelance writer Margie Culbertson on Feb. 9, 23, & Mar. 9, 6:00 p.m. The focus will be on inspiration, tips, exercises, and member critique. Open to all writers-from newbies to published, 16-116 years old. Attendees should be actively writing and wish to improve their writing skills.
Poets Anonymous meets at the G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library in Flowood, on Feb. 13 & Mar. 13, 9:00 a.m. Poets and aspiring poets meet to learn, discuss and share poetry and publishing.
Storyweavers meets at the G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library in Flowood, on Feb. 23 & Mar. 23, 7:00 p.m. Local adult storytellers meet to share the oral tradition of storytelling, for a time of education and sharing.
Southern Writers Group meets at the G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library in Flowood, on Feb. 12 & Mar. 12, 12 noon. Meet to discuss writing and publishing. Bring lunch; drinks provided.
Southern Writers Group meets at the G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library in Flowood, on Feb. 25 & Mar. 25, 6:30 p.m. Writers and aspiring writers meet to discuss writing and publishing.
Tuesday, February 2
Love is in the air. Valentine's Day is just around the corner and many will be planning a wedding soon. Don't forget to begin your plans @ your Library. You'll find books at the library that take a couple from choosing a ring and planning the date to choosing the music, do it yourself decorating (even your own wedding cake), and planning the honeymoon! Then, when you get home and you really start feeling married -- you'll find help, again, @ your library!
Here are just a few of the latest titles available @ your library:
- How to buy a diamond : insider secrets for getting your money's worth, by Fred Cuellar
- Bridal bargains : secrets to throwing a fantastic wedding on a realistic budget, by Denise & Alan Fields
- Weddings : ideas & inspirations for celebrating in style, by Marie Proeller Hueston
- 101 ways to save money on your wedding, by Barbara Cameron
- The bride's survival guide : 150 mistakes you should avoid to ensure the perfect wedding, by Sharon Naylor
- Wedding chic : 1,001 ideas for every moment of your celebration, by Colin Cowie
- Wedding flowers, by Antonia Swinson
- The DIY bride : 40 fun projects for your ultimate one-of-a-kind wedding, by Khris Cochran
- Michelle Rago's weddings : creating a day uniquely your own, by Michelle Rago
- Crafting a dream wedding, by Susan Cousineau
- Something new : wedding etiquette for rule breakers, traditionalists, and everyone in between, by Elise Mac Adam
- Somebody is going to die if Lilly Beth doesn't catch that bouquet : the official southern ladies guide to hosting the perfect wedding, by Gayden Metcalfe and Charlotte Hays
- Emily Post's wedding planner for moms, by Peggy Post
- Vows : the African-American couple's guide to designing a sacred ceremony, by Harriette Cole
- The Knot guide to wedding vows and traditions : readings, rituals, music, dances, speeches, and toasts, by Carley Roney & th editors of the Knot
- Happily ever laughter : inspirational stories, quotes, and quips about love and marriage, by Mary Hollingsworth, general editor
- Simple stunning wedding showers : festive ideas and inspiration for perfect pre-wedding parties, by Karen Bussen with photographs by William Geddes
- Wedding cakes you can make : designing, baking, and decorating the perfect wedding cake, by Dede Wilson
- The art of wedding photography : professional techniques with style, by Bambi Cantrell and Skip Cohen
- Wedding words : vows, by Jennifer Cegielski
- Scrapbooking your wedding : fresh ideas for stunning pages, by Memory Makers