Top Ten List from BookMovement.com
- Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy by E L James
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- Defending Jacob by William Landay
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarity
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
If these titles aren't available at the moment, go ahead and place a hold; then ask staff to suggest a title or two that are in the same genre or by the same author. We'll find you "something good to read" while you wait for one of these ten.
Would you like to search on your own? You can look at the same tools that library staff use.
- Need help with the new catalog? Ask staff how to search by author, title, subject, or do keyword searches for genre, setting, or even limit the publication date to the last one or two years. You can also make lists of books that you may want to check out later or lists of books you've read, directly from the catalog.
- NoveList is a great tool in finding "something good to read". You do need your Library Card barcode number to sign in, but after that you can look around, search by title, genre, or author.
- From the same screen you can check to see if your Library has the book, see books that are similar, read about the author, even read reviews and link to GoodReads. Use GoodReads to write your own review of books that you've read so other patrons can see what you liked or didn't like! CMRLS Libraries has it's own GoodReads page. Feel free to "friend" us and comment!