Friday, November 17

Meet Our Team - Selena Swink (Lake Public Library)



 Selena Swink | Branch Manager | Lake Public Library

Selena has been with CMRLS for 26 years as the Branch Manager at Lake Public Library. Selena loves her library, her community, and basically loves life! 

Here's more from Selena:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

Being a part of the community I have had the joy of growing in the past 26 years.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

I don't ever remember not liking to read. I do remember that when I started to put the letters and words together as a child, I felt like I had learned a new language and I was so excited. I read everything I touched. Nothing has changed really except the amount of things I touch.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Novelist Plus. It is an amazing source for finding your next book and it is connected to our card catalog so that you can put your finds on hold immediately.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

Of course, spending time with my husband and I love to knit, crochet, and try just about any kind of craft. I also love my fur and feather babies, especially since my human baby is grown and married. If I am sitting at home, there is usually a cat on my lap.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

Some place quiet where I can enjoy nature and have a little time to read.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

One that falls on Monday, so I can have a long weekend off.

       





No comments: