Monday, May 27

Meet Our Team - Samantha Dinnella (Pearl Public Library)

Samantha Dinnella | Circulation Clerk  | Pearl Public Library

Samantha has been a part of CMRLS for 3 1/2 years! 

Here's more from Samantha:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

Even though I am a massive introvert, I do enjoy seeing and interacting with our regular patrons. I also like seeing what books are constantly being checked out. [Helps with recommendations.]

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

What got me into reading was the Magic Tree House series.
It was during the summer between my fourth and fifth grade year. My rabbit Ginger [who later passed away in late 2017] was pregnant [completely unplanned] and I was monitoring her. Anyway, I had gotten bored having nothing to do, so I picked up a book from the MTH series and started reading. I can't remember which one it was. By the end of the summer, Ginger had given birth to 5 beautiful baby bunnies [which my mom and found homes for], and I developed a love for reading.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Learning Express Library.
I used this during high school. Every time someone comes up to the circulation desk wanting resources for the ACT, GED, Driver's Test, etc., I direct them to our website: https://cmrls.lib.ms.us/digital-library/virtual-reference-collection/

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

Sleep and spend time with my furbabies and family.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

My bed or the beach with 20 bottles of waterproof sunscreen.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween. I get to scare people without needing a reason!

No comments: