Friday, May 10

Meet Our Team - Victoria Sharp (G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library - Flowood)

 

Victoria Sharp | Reference Services Supervisor | Flowood Public Library

Tori has been a part of CMRLS for 2 1/2 years! 

Here's more from Tori:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

There is a certain kind of joy that comes with solving a riddle or puzzle, and the library has given me many opportunities to experience that. I get particularly determined when I have to find something obscure—like an image from decades ago or a small piece of information only found in a niche newspaper. It’s a lot of fun!

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

Growing up I loved reading and re-reading the Chronicles of Chrestomanci by Diana Wynne Jones and anything Artemis Fowl.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Project Gutenberg (gutenberg.org), the oldest digital library! If you search Project Gutenberg in our catalog, you can find a lot of old classics listed as e-resources.


Working in a library, I’ve come to learn how important it is to be able to access books whose copyrights have expired and are becoming more and more scarce in physical print. Project Gutenberg archives older books that are no longer under copyright due to age and allows them to be accessed for free to users in the US.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I like picking up hobbies that I don't have time for! Currently, I'm learning to crochet and edit videos. Besides that, I like gardening, reading, and playing the occasional video game.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

A perfect vacation for me would involve meeting up with friends I haven't seen in a long while who live in other parts of the country. If I want a more introverted vacation, though, I love visiting the Smokey Mountains.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving! I love the food and love seeing family I haven't seen in awhile.

Tori as Winnie the Pooh


No comments: