Sunday, December 3

Meet Our Team - Barbara Gauthier (Magee Public Library)

Barbara Gauthier | Circulation Clerk | Magee Public Library


Barbara has been with CMRLS for 8 years. 

Here's more from Barbara:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

My favorite part of working in the library is the challenge of decorating. I love coming up with something new and out of the box. Our theme at Magee is "go big or go home!"

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

My favorite book that my mom bought me was Sleeping Beauty. I still have that worn-out book and I read it to my granddaughter, Olivia. To this day, I read romances from the light side to the steamy.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

I wish more parents and teens knew about the free Driver's Ed Program online where you can take practice tests. The website is cmrls.driving-tests.org. It is a really good site to get a realistic view of what to expect when you take your tests at the DMV. The tests go from easy to hard. I tell our patrons, once you get at least 90% on the tests, you're ready for the DMV.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I love cooking for my family. Any time of the year, you can find me cooking some kind of cajun dish. Our favorite is gumbo!

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

I went on my first cruise in 2018. Ever since then, I have been addicted. This past summer I was able to take a cruise to Alaska which was on my bucket list. In October 2024, I will be going to the Bahamas!

6. What is your favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday is Christmas. It was my mom's favorite time of the year. It was not the gifts we received, it was spending the time decorating the Christmas tree and visiting with family.

No comments: