Monday, December 25

Meet Our Team - Emily Pruitt (Pearl Library)

 

Emily Pruitt | Reference Clerk | Pearl Public Library

Emily has been with CMRLS for 6 months. 

Here's more from Emily:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I love doing the Pull List because it gives me a great opportunity to explore the library and see so many wonderful books. I also love doing my drawing program and helping others learn valuable skills.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

I grew up reading the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary since the fourth grade, and they (along with Judy Blume's books) have inspired me to not only read but write as well.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

There are plenty to choose from, but my three favorites are Rocket Languages, World Book Online, and the Dewey Decimal Classification. These three resources have so much information for our patrons to learn!

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I love reading, drawing, and writing. I also love playing with my dog Phoebe and my cat Lily.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

My idea of a perfect vacation is either writing, reading, drawing, or playing with my pets any other month than May. However, in May, I'm too focused on the Eurovision Song Contest.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

It's not technically considered an official holiday, but I am a very big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest. So, I'm always looking forward to the month of May.


No comments: