Sunday, February 25

Meet Our Team - Miranda Loper (Pearl Public Library)

 

Miranda Loper | Branch Manager | Pearl Public Library


Miranda has been a part of CMRLS for almost 5 months! 

Here's more from Miranda:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

My favorite part of working in the library is collection development and reader's advisory. I love choosing a wide assortment of materials for our patrons based on common interests and new, popular titles. It fills me with joy when a patron returns to the library having loved the books I helped them select.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

My favorite books as a very young child were The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and Miss Spider's Tea Party by David Kirk. I remember reading those both at home and in the classroom and imagining a world of endless play. In second grade, my favorite book was The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White. The school librarian helped me find it based on my interests, and I have been found with my nose in a book ever since.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Aside from reading (I love Hoopla!), one e-resource that I wish more people knew about is the Mississippi Digital Library. It is such a great resource for people interested in Mississippi culture and history with tons of digitized images. Another great e-resource is the online Mississippi Encyclopedia for history-buffs and students alike as it has short, factual articles and audio-visual materials for anything Mississippi.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I like to spend time with my little family, travel, bake, garden, and a myriad of other hobbies that introverts typically like to do.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

My ideal vacation usually includes visiting a state or national park with hiking, exploring local businesses and flea markets, and eating new, exciting foods. One day, though, I wish to make my way overseas and trek through the United Kingdom, Italy, and maybe even Japan.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday involves ringing in the New Year. The stress of the holiday season is over, and I can finally start to rest in the remainder of winter while looking forward to spring.




No comments: