Sunday, February 18

Meet Our Team - Sandy Orman (Mendenhall Public Library)

 


Sandy Orman | Circulation Clerk | Mendenhall Public Library


Sandy has been a part of CMRLS for almost 2 years! 

Here's more from Sandy:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

Finding books for my patrons, especially the ones who claim to not enjoy reading!

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

I've loved reading for as long as I can remember. A few of my first favorites were Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough, and The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Hoopla! It's a fantastic resource for readers who enjoy audio and electronic books. They also have a large selection of magazines that you can check out, such as Highlights. It's nostalgic for me after reading those regularly as a kid.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

Hang out with my dog, Tripper, travel, play poker, and binge-watch good television.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

An ocean beach on a sunny day!

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween! I love scary movies and horror novels!



No comments: