Sunday, January 14

Meet Our Team - Kathie Ward (Mendenhall & Harrisville Public Libraries)

 

Kathie Ward | Branch Manager | Mendenhall & Harrisville Public Libraries

Kathie has been a part of CMRLS for over 10 years! Kathie manages both the Mendenhall Library and our Harrisville branch.

Here's more from Kathie:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I would say it's the patrons. Whether it is story time with the little ones, the craft program with all ages, or playing bingo with the families, I love seeing the connections that the patrons make with each other.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

There are so many but my all-time favorite would be Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Reading that book as a young child made a lasting impact on me. It taught me that through hard work and dedication, you can achieve anything you put your mind to, and how to deal with losing something you hold dear to your heart.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Learning Express Library. It has so much to offer for patrons of all ages. There are tests, tutorials, and eBooks available for kids in Elementary level to Adult Core Skills. It is a great resource for our patrons!

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. We cook big meals together, play games, and create memories to last a lifetime.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

A month in Ireland. I would love to visit the castles, spend time in the pubs listening to the music, and see all the beauty and wonder that Ireland has to offer.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween. I love the costumes! I loved trick or treating when I was a kid. Now, I enjoy dressing up and passing out candy to all the kids in my community!





No comments: