Thursday, April 18

Meet Our Team - Andrew Hedglin (CMRLS Headquarters)

 

Andrew Hedglin | Acquisitions Librarian | CRMLS Headquarters

Andrew has been a part of CMRLS for 4 years! 

Here's more from Andrew:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I loved interacting with a community of regular patrons when I worked at the Flowood branch. I'm also a big proponent of reading and literacy, and I hope I am making a difference by helping supply our libraries with books, movies, and other circulation materials.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

My lifelong love affair with reading began one autumn Sunday afternoon in the second grade when I picked up a copy of Bunnicula by James and Deborah Howe. I have read and loved hundreds of other books, but I recently re-read Bunnicula out loud to my son the month he was born (in October, naturally), and...it holds up pretty well!

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

All of our resources are great, but I'd like to talk about cloudLibrary specifically. Hoopla is great because there are no wait times, but with cloudLibrary, we can actually curate a selection of books and audiobooks based on the demands of our patrons. Please tell your local librarian what you like to read and/or hit that "request" button. We are listening! Find cloudLibrary in our Virtual Reference Collection at cmrls.lib.ms.us.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

Reading, obviously. I'm a big fan of the New Orleans Saints. I enjoy taking walks and trivia nights. These days, I love hanging out with my wife, Morgan, and son, Luke.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

My favorite place will always be Dauphin Island, Alabama, where I spent many happy summers as a kid. But I also enjoy walking around cities I've never been to before.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

I love Halloween and Christmas as much as anybody, but, to be different, I'll say the NFL Draft, which is soon approaching. Merry Draft-mas, everybody!



No comments: