Monday, April 1

Meet Our Team - Mara Villa Polk (CMRLS Director)

 

Mara Villa Polk | Director  
Central Mississippi Regional Library System

Mara has been a part of CMRLS for 19 1/2 years! She began at the Flowood branch in 2004 and then transferred to the Pearl branch in 2007, where she became the Youth Services Supervisor. After much hard work, she became the Pearl Public Library Branch Manager in 2010. Mara has since become the Director of the Central Mississippi Regional Library System, and we look forward to many more years under her leadership. 

Here's more from Mara:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I love meeting new people and connecting them to a new book, service, or program.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

Growing up, I enjoyed reading almost anything. I remember reading a lot of non-fiction books. When I became a teenager, I read books like The Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High. As an adult, I really enjoy fantasy fiction and thrillers.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

We have so many electronic resources that are so valuable with your FREE library card! I try to use all of them from streaming and/or downloading from Freegal music, learning a new language with Rocket Language, or listening to an eBook on cloudLibrary or hoopla. You can check out our Virtual Reference Collection at cmrls.lib.ms.us.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I like to spend time with my family. They keep me busy and entertained.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?
I like so many things that I feel I cannot pick one. I've traveled to many places, but I have never been to Ireland and Scotland. I hope one day to go.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

I love all the holidays because it means I get to spend time with family.


Mara with her CMRLS staff at a recent Team Development Day.


No comments: