Saturday, June 1

Meet Our Team - Jacob Pilgrim (Richland Public Library)

 

Jacob Pilgrim | Reference Clerk | Richland Public Library

Jacob has been a part of CMRLS for over 4 years! 

Here's more from Jacob:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I love answering interesting reference questions and talking about books with our patrons. Most of our patrons read historical romances, murder mysteries, and westerns. I mostly read fantasy, sci-fi, and historical military novels, so when a patron comes in that enjoys those types of books I get very excited!

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

As a child, my favorite was Harold and the Purple Crayon. Harry Potter got me into novels as a teenager. In college I very much loved books, so much so that I got a minor in Literature! The Epic of Gilgamesh is another favorite.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

The e-resource I want people to know about is Auto Repair Source. I have never heard anyone mention it and it seems very useful! You can find it in our Virtual Reference collection at https://cmrls.lib.ms.us/digital-library/virtual-reference-collection/.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I play video games with my brother, read comic books, and collect swords and action figures.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

My perfect vacation would be an isolated cabin retreat in the mountains. I would sit on the porch and just enjoy the scenery and quietness.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, without a doubt. My family has always made Christmas special for me. I love the winter season and the cold weather.



No comments: