Tuesday, June 11

Meet Our Team - Ryan Powell (G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library - Flowood)

 

Ryan Powell | Circulation Clerk | Flowood Public Library

Ryan has been a part of CMRLS for 3 months now! 

Here's more from Ryan:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I love helping patrons find books for their kids, for a school project, or summer reading. It gives me a distinct sense of pride to know I am helping patrons achieve their educational and personal reading goals.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

I dove into the Harry Potter books as a child, particularly Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was like I was growing with the characters and discovering the strength and self-reliance I needed to face challenges in my own life.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Rocket Languages--it's a great way to learn or boost your skills in Spanish or any other language! You can find more about it at https://cmrls.lib.ms.us/digital-library/virtual-reference-collection

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I enjoy writing sci-fi/speculative short fiction, playing drums, going to the gym, and watching whatever my latest Netlfix TV obsession is at the moment.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

Visiting all the film locations in New Zealand for the Lord of the Rings films.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween has always held a special spooky place in my heart.

No comments: