Monday, March 25

Meet Our Team - Angela Ward (Pelahatchie Public Library)

 


Angela Ward | Branch Manager | Pelahatchie Public Library

Angela has been a part of CMRLS for over 9 months! 

Here's more from Angela:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I love that I get to help people of all ages with whatever they need, whether that be working on a resume, discovering a new author, or getting our youngest patrons excited about the library!

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

When I was younger, I loved classic Nancy Drew mysteries. Then, I discovered a whole new world with The Once and Future King in middle school. As a teenager, I read every Mary Higgins Clark book at the library. In college, I majored in English Literature, and I read Hamlet once a year for at least a decade. I have so many copies with so many notes! It was like my personal literary diary.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

So many patrons come in seeking an author similar to the one they recently read and enjoyed. I always check NoveList and encourage them to do the same if there is a particular genre or author that they would like to further explore. Patrons can sign in with their library card number.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I enjoy going to see a matinee at Tinseltown. I also appreciate sitting outside on a sunny day reading a good book and listening to the sounds of nature.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?
I prefer short trips to places like Natchez or Laurel. Exploring a museum, walking a nature trail, and discovering interesting places to eat are easy ways to appreciate the beauty and culture of Mississippi.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

I have always loved the Fourth of July. My family lives on a lake, and I grew up with big backyard barbecues, fireworks, fishing, and fun in the sun.

Angela & Ms. Clyreece, the head of Pelahatchie Library's Friends of the Library group


No comments: