Wednesday, March 13

Meet Our Team - Kimberly Ollison (Florence Public Library)

 

Kimberly Ollison | Branch Manager | Florence Public Library


Kimberly has been a part of CMRLS for 4 1/2 years! 

Here's more from Kimberly:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I approach everything with passion, especially my role as a dedicated branch manager where I am driven by a strong desire to serve others. Planning, creating, and delivering programs for my community brings me immense fulfillment, and I take pleasure in staying up-to-date on the latest trending books, movies, and more.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

One of my favorite books is "Educated" by Tara Westover. I am drawn to this book because it showcases the incredible resilience and determination of the author. Despite facing numerous obstacles, she was able to educate herself and ultimately earn her doctorate, proving that with perseverance and hard work, one can overcome any challenge.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

I wish more people knew about the wide range of resources available on our website. One standout resource is the LearningExpress Library, which provides online tutorials, practice tests, and e-books for all ages. It covers job search skills, workplace improvement, reading, writing, math, science, career certification, college entrance prep, GED test prep, and more. It's a fantastic tool for personal and professional development.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I enjoy spending time with my 4 kids, my husband, and our dachshunds.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

I like the idea of museum-hopping for a vacation. Planning a trip to a city known for its many museums sounds like an exciting way to spend my days, exploring different exhibits and learning. I'd love to immerse myself in diverse cultural experiences, discover new subjects, and appreciate the world's rich heritage through various museum collections.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

My favorite season is October because it's when the wind starts to blow and the leaves begin to change. It's a month for roasting marshmallows over bonfires, pulling out leggings and cute boots, celebrating mine and my middle son's birthdays, and enjoying pumpkin patches, state fairs, and roasted corn. October is when I married my best friend. It's a magical time of year that holds special memories and activities that I cherish!


No comments: