Sunday, March 3

Meet Our Team - Frances Meadows (Magee & Mize Public Libraries)


 Frances Meadows | Branch Manager | Magee & R.T. Prince Memorial Library


Frances has her 26th anniversary with CMRLS in April! 

Here's more from Frances:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

I really enjoy talking and getting to know each person that walks through the doors. The very best part is watching a little child’s face light up when they see how many books there are in our children’s area!

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

It was not just one book. When I was young, it was a way to pass the time. I read the picture biography books and nature books that my grandmother had until I got tired and knew them by heart. It was in my teen years that I found Nancy Drew and those old orange biographies, like Molly Pitcher: Young Patriot by Augusta Stevenson. My classmate introduced me to Illusions by Richard Bach. My dear, wonderful mother introduced me to paperback romances and that took over for awhile until a friend hooked me on Jeannette Oke.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

The Resume Builder! Patrons will come in and want to do a resume and will go to Microsoft Word. We always redirect them to the Resume builder. It's so fast and easy!

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I love spending time with my grand-babies, my dog, Bear, my Buddy cat, and my family. I also like to do puzzles and watch Survivor and Amazing Race.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

Wow! I think it would be a cruise for an entire month for my whole family, including all my sisters and their families too, and even my in-laws! That way no one has to cook or clean up. We can go do other things and still be together.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving. Getting together with the expectation of simply being thankful for family and friends.


No comments: