Sunday, March 10

Meet Our Team - Carrie Brown (Headquarters)

 Carrie Brown | Coordinator of Programming | CMRLS Headquarters


Carrie has been a part of CMRLS for a little over 7 years! 

Here's more from Carrie:

1. What is your favorite part of working in the library?

My favorite part of my job is visiting our schools every year with our Book Character Visits. I love getting to bring the love of reading to the kids. I also love going to work in the different branches, where I get to help patrons find the things they need.

2. Was there a book that made you love reading?

I was read to as a baby and have loved reading ever since! I think my favorite book as a small child was the Foot Book by Dr. Seuss. By the time I was in second grade, I was checking out historical nonfiction and fiction books. The first books I actually bought for myself were at the book fair in second grade. They were Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and a book about Ancient Egypt. I guess those two books began shaping the things I love to read now.

3. Tell us one e-resource you wish more people knew about.

Rocket Languages! It has so many languages to learn including American Sign Language.

4. What do you like to do when you're not at the library?

I love to spend time at home with my husband, our daughter, and our dog. We love to go walking at the park.

5. What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

I have always wanted to visit Prague. I’ve been fascinated with the city and its beautiful architecture for a very long time. It would be great to spend a week or two taking it all in.

6. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas! It’s so magical and pretty.

No comments: